Call for Expression of Interest
National Project Personnel: Driver
Contract Duration: 11month (with the possibility of extension)
Deadline for Application: 28th February, 2018
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Following a joint appeals launched by the Government of Nigeria, FAO in collaboration with UNWOMEN and WFP has received support from the European Union Development Fund to implement a 3 year programme to improve the food Security, nutrition and resilience of conflict affected populations of Borno State. The programme will enhance the productive safety nets in LGAs affected by the Insurgency. For the effective field management of project implementation, FAO requires the services of a Driver.
- Under the overall supervision of the Deputy FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the International Operations Officer, in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR (Admin) and other national and international consultants in the project team, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
- Drive and transport FAO personnel/missions to various meetings and other locations as may be required
- Maintains updated records of vehicle movement logs, vehicle fuel consumption service and repair records
- Ensure assigned vehicle is always clean serviced and repaired as per the specified schedule and in good working conditions at all times
- Observe and carry out security details that pertain to vehicle use and travels
- Maintain Monthly log book records and fuel records including collection of invoices and submission to the Maiduguri office
- Facilitate planning of all local travel
- Day to day maintenance of FAO vehicle, ensure vehicle assigned is in good working condition at all times, report damages on time
- Provide transportation and mobility of FAO staff and visitors
- Trip planning during missions
- Ensuring security of FAO staff and property while driving as well as reporting to radio room as required while on mission
- Offer Logistical support and perform other clerical duties as may be assigned
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor within the assigned area of responsibility
|Key performance indicators
||Required Completion Date:
|· Meeting deadlines;
· Vehicle use and maintenance records
· Missions undertaken
|Duration of Contract
Candidates should meet the following requirements;
- Minimum of Secondary school education.
- Possessing of Valid Driving Licence.
- Possessing of Trade Test Certificate or equivalent from recognized driving school or Vocational Training Centre will be an advantage
- Minimum three years accident free driving experience in an office environment.
- Motor vehicle mechanical repair a distinct advantage.
- Ability to operate modem electronic communications systems
- Working experience with UN agencies is an added advantage.
- Experience or exposure to driving Armoured Vehicle will be an advantage
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and ability to effectively communicate in the local language(s) of Borno state.
- Tact, politeness, courtesy and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationship
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in high risk security area, particularly in security operations is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in managing di verse/multi-cultural office. Extent and relevance of experience in UN humanitarian emergency operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the area of deployment in terms of cultural sensitivity and local environment
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and integrity and Transparency.
How to Apply:
All applications are to be made through FAO’s iRecruitment system. Click on the
link below to access iRecruitment, complete your profile and apply for this call for Expression of Interest. http://www.fao.org/emplovment/irecruitment-access/en/
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecuitment@fao.org
Kindly complete the online FAO personal profile form in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send along with your application and credentials electronically via e-mail to FAO-NG@fao.org on or before close of business on Wednesday, 28th February, 2018. Application should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Old Central Bank Building
No.4 Zaria Street, Off Ladoke Akintola Boulevard
Garki II. Abuja.