The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore is a Non-Governmental organization funded by the US Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) is a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
- The NPHIA finance officer will be responsible for coordinating financial activities within a geopolitical zone
- Ensures timely processing of payment requests i.e. Travel advances, expense reports, workshop per diems, vendor invoices etc.
- Ensure timely payment of all field expense and reimbursements in compliance with organizations supporting document requirement
- Ensure adequate financial internal control systems including verifying transactions, reconciling balances on a weekly basis.
- Manage the account receivables to ensure balances are current and at acceptable levels.
FINANCE OFFICER 6 POSITIONS (6 GEO-POLITICAL ZONES)
- Maintain the accounts payables and monitor payments 8t outstanding balances.
- Ensure timely payment and submission of withholding taxes including annual remittance of tax returns.
- Maintain audit ready-financial documentation.
- Data entry of transactions into QukkBooks (Accounting software) for FMs review.
- Review and ensure completeness of all payments and other financial records
- Work closely with the FM in preparing bi monthly pipeline and spend plan report for the NPHIA project
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- As part of internal controls, periodically reviews the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of randomly selected field expenses and make recommendations including supporting the internal/external auditors as required.
- Oversee an efficient document filing and archival system both in hard and electronic formats.
Regular and timely scanning of transaction document to Country program office and HQ.
Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of Payment vouchers.
Any other duty that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
Qualifications: B.Sc Accounting or its equivalent + 2 years’ experience in finance and accounting practice.
DURATION: One year with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY: kindly fill the form on the link:
CLOSING DATE: 13th February 2018.