Career Opportunity for Geoscientist
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of Geoscientist.
- The successful candidate will specialise in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology and must demonstrate strong technical competencies in petrophysical analysis (Formation Evaluation) and/or drillwell execution skills. Ability to use Petrel and carry out quantitative analysis as well as possession of effective communication skills will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) and a Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geology, Geophysics or Physics
- A maximum of three (3) continuous years of relevant industry experience
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
The successful candidates will undergo on-the-job training which will prepare the individuals for assignments in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology in Nigeria.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- If you meet the requirements listed for this position, please visit: http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV).
- To complete the application process:
- Log on to http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria In the “Search by location” field
- Click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Formation Evaluation Specialist or Operations Geology Specialist) to view full details on the job
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select “Apply Now” option
- Sign in or click on “create an account”
- To create an account
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk * (please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and dick “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
The application process closes on 13th February, 2018. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
An ExxonMobil Subsidiary.