The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore is a Non-Governmental organization funded by the US Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) is a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a Computer Assisted Personal Interview data processing system to finalize the survey data in the field
- Develop a household weighting system and subsequent relative standard error estimates to produce reliable estimates
- Train the support and field counterpart staffs in the use of the applications for data processing.
- Developed a Computer Assisted Personal Interview using CSPro
- software development and coding in C#, .NET, Java and PHP
- cross platform mobile application development using Xamarin
- databases administration and design (SQlite, MySql and/or Microsoft SQLServer)
- Web services (SOAP), APIs using REST, JSON/XML
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
5 years systems development experience
Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 5 major projects
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) SPECIALIST
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer geo data bases and coordinate with to create and maintain feature data and ensure workflow changes are documented.
- Develop GIS based analysis for operational decision making for NAIIS field activity plaining
- Design and update GIS and other information systems and databases.
- Develop and enhance interfaces to other systems, create custom tables and views in SQL Server for GIS and other information systems.
- Perform GIS and other software installation and maintenance operations on hardware and software.
- Assist staff in evaluating databases for GIS and other connectivity.
- Participate in G IS and other budget planning.
- Provide on-going review of applications to identify and perform corrective actions needed to improve overall performance.
- Experience using ESRI software or other mapping software to perform complex queries and spatial analysis.
- Experience analyzing, designing and revising existing programs and databases to improve and enhance functionality in an ESRI or other mapping software environment.
- Experience in the design and production of cartographic maps.
- Experience interpreting legal descriptions and COGO generating a GIS feature.
- Experience researching documentation relevant to a specific dataset (Le. Subdivision Plans, Construction Plans, Legal Descriptions, etc.)
- Education: Masters Applied Geographical Information; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
5 years systems work with Geographical Information Systems
ZONAL LABORATORY SPECIALIST
Through a contract with the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) implements The Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS)). The NAIIS program assists Nigeria to implement household-based surveys in the areas of HIV/AIDS and HepB & C population based survey.
The NAIIS program seeks to fill a Laboratory Specialist position to support the survey. The position is based in zonal locations.
The Laboratory specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the NAIIS Program on the measurement of biomarkers in population-based surveys and for the management of biomarker measurement in individual surveys together with the NAIIS survey team. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Training of field staff on data collection tools, blood and other sample collection procedures; preparation of dried blood spot; monitoring and supervision of field work; preparation of manuals, SOPs and other training documents
- Training of field staff on the use and application of rapid diagnostic tests for HIV, HepB Ag & HepC Ag and point-of-care devices for the measurement of CD4.
- Conducting assessments of host country laboratories to determine the labs’ capacity to carry out CD4, viral load and HIV resistance testing for the NAIIS survey
- Training and supervision of in-country laboratories to conduct testing to support data collection in population-based surveys. Testing will include but is not limited to HI V, HepBAg, Hep C Ag, CD4, ARV metabolites, HIV resistance testing.
- Participating in other NAIIS activities, e.g., assisting in developing questionnaires and modules, training curriculum, conducting further analysis studies, preparing/revising core manuals, preparing/reviewing biomarker sections ofNAIIS reports, making presentations to CDC and other stakeholders. The laboratory specialist position is a
position that requires approximately 90% travel around the country. It is expected that the laboratory specialist will demonstrate a high level of flexibility in performing the responsibilities of the position.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- A bachelor degree in a biomedical science.
- 8-10 years of experience, including at least 3-5 years of laboratory experience conducting
assays for the diagnosis of HIV and other infectious diseases
- An experience with population survey will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge and practical experience performing enzyme immunoassays, specimen management and data management.
- Familiarity with basic molecular techniques.
- Experience with viral load testing and other nucleic acid tests
- Experience or knowledge of CD4 enumeration using point-of-care testing and FACS assay
- Experience working with developing country institutions
- Experience performing Quality Assurance measures in all phases of biomedical testing
- Experience writing short technical reports
- Ability to write clear and concise summaries of reports for internal and external audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- Ability to work for long hours
- Ability to give attention to details
- Ability to work with their hands and will need dexterity to work with small vials, test tubes, and delicate lab equipment.
DURATION: One year with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY: kindly fill the form on the link: