Man Specifications for Positions in a Leading Insurance Company in Nigeria
On behalf of our client, a pioneer and one of the largest financial institutions in Nigeria with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services, BPI Advisory is inviting focused, result oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the following positions:
Note: Qualified applicants are encouraged to read and follow the instructions carefully
POSITION: HEAD, INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
The Head of ICT is responsible for managing all issues relating to the company’s Information Technology systems administration, communications infrastructure, disaster recovery, network security, IT systems planning and back up, strategic budgeting, as well as harmonious coordination of all ICT staff, to ensure that the ICT department to functions effectively.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all IT projects developed by the company
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance the existing systems.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies in consultation with users and approval of management.
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Develop new software or modules as requested by management from time to time
- Recommend relevant programs and policies that would enhance the computerization of the company’s systems and process, for improved efficient service delivery.
- Maintain and modify programs, implement management approved changes such as amending work and process flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, coding changes in operations, etc.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for new projects as may be required from time to time.
- Installation, training and assistance to the users of the developed modules.
- Integrate developed modules into existing system
- Coordinate all key units of the ICT department for efficient and effective service delivery to each user department
- Manage the company’s server system and back up process to ensure downtimes are eradicated, or at least reduced to the bared minimum
- Prepare and submit periodic activity reports to management as needed from time to time.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Management Information System (MIS) or a similar computer-oriented major, plus 10 years of cognate experience in a major company or division of a large corporation, 5 of which should be at a senior management level performing similar role.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Having advanced skills in Object Oriented Programming language such as Java
- Having skills in modeling language such as UML.
Having advanced skills in Relation Database Management System such as MS SQLServer, MySQL…
- Possess the ability to harmonize the different units/ job functions/roles in the department for best performance.
- Should be fluent in English language, with demonstrable skills in hands-on use of various software relevant to the insurance business
- Should be an excellent self-starter and a good team player,
- Should be innovative, problem solving, and flexible-able to adapt these skills to everyday work.
- Should be good at training and mentoring colleagues, subordinates, and where necessary, superiors in all issues requiring ICT support in the company Between 37 years and 45 years of age
How to Apply and Closing Date
Interested candidates should kindly send in a detailed resume to email@example.com
Entries for this application will close on Tuesday, 13th February, 2018 by 6.00pm
About Us and Contact
BPI Advisory is a business consulting firm providing value driven and result oriented professional advisory services to its clients. For all enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to +2348094111000