The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore is a Non-Governmental organization funded by the US Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The Organization is seeking qualified candidates to work on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) is a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
The Information Technology Officer would be responsible for ensuring that all technology equipment (Laptops, phones, tablets etc.) software and subscriptions services in a geopolitical zone during the National AIDS Impact and xxx Survey remain functional, available and secure always. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Survey Application (CSPro), Linkage system, Logistics Management System, Mobile Device Management, Lab Data Management System (LDMS) and software remain functional, available and secure.
- Manage, configure, secure, support and troubleshoot applications and services on associated mobile devices, physical servers, virtual servers, networks, storage systems and information security systems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Secure the computing environment using best practices and consistent processes. Contribute to the information security practice via sound administrative practices and proactive actions.
- Configure, deploy and maintain network components including switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, VPN concentrators and security appliances.
- Conduct capacity planning, monitoring and patching activities.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and periodic testing of disaster recovery plans ensuring business continuity for all core services and critical applications.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings required skills
- Proficient Backup/restore processing experience.
- Must have experience in software development and coding in C#, .NET, Java or PHP
- Databases administration and design (SQlite, MySql and/or Microsoft SQLServer)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server OS architecture, design, management, scripting and troubleshooting.
- Proficient knowledge of Linux based OS architecture, design, management, scripting and troubleshooting.
- Adequate understanding of VMWare (virtualization) architecture, core services and administration.
- Adequate understanding of storage technologies and protocols.
- Proficient understanding of security best practices.
- Proficient knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
5 years systems development experience
Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 5 major projects
DURATION: One year with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY: kindly fill the form on the link: