The West African Power (WAPP) is a Specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) established by the Authority of Head of Sates and Governments of ECOWAS Member States to ensure the integration of the national power system operations into a unified regional electricity supply at affordable costs, over the medium to long term. This aims to encourage industrialization, improve Health and Education, Reduce Poverty, Create Employment Opportunities etc.
The Headquarters of the WAPP General Secretariat is based in Cotonou, Republic of Benin. The WAPP Secretariat in view of achieving its global vision, intends to increase its staffing by filling the position
Department: Office of Secretary General
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Office of Secretary General
Procurement officer is responsible for planning, managing and implementing procurement procedures and processes in the acquisition of goods, works and services of overall WAPP needs. He/She should manage the related activities in collaboration with WAPP Procurement Committee and in conformity with the provisions of WAPP Tender Code, Manual of Procurement procedures and donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Prepare and follow-up for approval procurement plans for WAPP Secretariat and WAPP projects financed by Donors
- Update regularly approved procurement plans
- Update periodically the Tender Code and Manual of Procurement procedures
- Plan, implement and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of goods, works, consulting and no consulting services for the WAPP Secretariat.
- Advise requisitioning units and recipient units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
- Prepare and or review bidding documents and request for proposals documents,
- Prepare/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations in consultation with the WAPP Procurement Committee.
- Propose procurement guidance notes to Procurement Committee
- Establish and maintain work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Participate in negotiations involving WAPP Procurement Committee, prepare procurement orders, and seek approval of authorised officials, and if applicable, prepare submissions to the Procurement Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorised official.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments, research and analyse statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Identify new technologies, and products/services, evaluate and recommend potential supply sources and participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program;
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and extensions of procurement contracts, and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations;
- Maintain a complete and systematic set of records of day-to-day procurement transactions and procurement archives,
- Maintain a register of local suppliers and update it periodically
- Prepare a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provide guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff
- Keep track of orders and determi