THE NIGERIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE
The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria. It is a national not-for-profit organization with the mission of strengthening the nation’s ability to deliver the fruits of science to society by the acquisition, growth, and dissemination of sound scientific knowledge, and facilitation of its use in the solution of major national problems. In furtherance of its mission, the NAS is recruiting for the underlisted position:
- Responsible for developing and managing the convening and consensus activities of The Academy (e.g. workshops, studies, fora, stakeholder meetings etc.)
- Ensures proper documentation of all research findings and output from The Academy
- Organises internal and external reviews of reports and ensures prompt publication of these reports to international standards.
- Oversees project/programme execution
- Designs and manages programme activities of minimal/moderate complexity Develops project implementation strategies and budgets
- Ensures project implementation meets objectives
- Ensures The Academy’s programme activities meet strategic goals
- Conducts and supports scientific (healthcare) research
- Prepares background papers and technical summaries
- Coordinates science-based meetings and workshops
- Synthesizes and edits research findings and technical data, and determines relevance of the data.
- Conducts background research on topics and writes proposals for new programmes/projects Drafts materials and reports for final publication Contributes technical knowledge to proposal development
- Manages dissemination of technical reports Manages The Academy’s intellectual products Supports the Council in strengthening The
- Academy’s relationship with the scientific community
- Oversees the preparation of publications including reports, brochures, newsletters, and journals.
- Supports fund raising
- Develops/brochures prospectuses to raise funds for new projects or project components
- Prepares reports of meetings and other Academy activities
- Strategic perspective
- Scientific knowledge
- Business and financial acumen
- Alliance management
- Conflict resolution
- Oral communication & written communication
- Organisational awareness
- Customer orientation
- Scientific advocacy & policy knowledge
- Work planning attributes
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Innovation & creativity
Qualifications and Experience:
- A good first university degree in the sciences
- An advanced post-graduate degree in the sciences would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience -2 of which must have been spent at Strategic Senior Management level in a program management role in a research organisation or a donor funded initiative.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resumes (prepared as a Microsoft documents) not later than 27th February 2018 to email@example.com using the reference code:
Programme Officer- your surname & initials , e.g. â€œProgramme Officer â€“ Akoka K.Oâ€ as subject of the email. All applications will be treated with strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted