The Search is on for a
Company Secretary/Legal Adviser
Our client, a major player in the financial sector requires a suitable candidate to fill the above position.
- Organise, prepare agendas for, and take minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members and directors
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and advise management on appropriate action.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, as well as its legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that legal documents and other contractual documents relating to the Company’s affairs are effectively drafted, reviewed and interpreted.
- Manage records of contracts & other legal documents deposited with the Legal department for safekeeping.
- Advise in-house business divisions on a broad range of legal or regulatory issues on specific projects.
- Liaise with external counsel, when necessary.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- LLB Degree in Law from a recognised University.
- Possession of LLM will be an advantage.
- Must have a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and other relevant professional bodies for at least 10 years. 8 years post call to bar working experience in the financial sector and at least 4 years’ experience in top management
- Must have a good knowledge of the workings of the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Pencom and other regulatory bodies.
- Capital market experience is an advantage.
- Capital Market experience is an advantage.
The candidates must demonstrate the following skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to balance prioritise and coordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines and deal with high workload, together with a willingness to be flexible years.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to balance priorities and coordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines and deal with high workload, together with a willingness to be flexible.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to grasp new and complex concepts and areas of law quickly and accurately
- Attention to details and high level of coordination.
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications 12th April, 2018 to:
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.