Vacancy in an International School in Lagos
A school with international standards Crèche, Nursery and Primary equipped with modern and state of the art facilities in a conducive learning environment, as part of its growth and developmental strategy, requires a resourceful, experienced and innovative educationist for the position of:
Position: Deputy Head Teacher
- The role requires an ability to understand a complex organization while also being able to resolve sometimes highly emotional and personal conflicts and challenges of staff and pupils.
- Vast and robust knowledge of the British and Nigerian curriculum blend (Early Years Foundation, Key Stage 1 and 2)
- Excellent leadership and Managerial skills
- Impeccable communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability to use modern teaching aids
- Ability to foster team spirit and training skills
- Innate love for working with children
- Prioritization, planning and organization skills.
- High expectations of teaching and learning
Excerpts of job profile:
Position: Quality Assurance Academic Supervision
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the curriculum for both quality and content.
- Properly reviews and validates the Scheme of work and lesson notes before deployment termly.
- Weekly review of class work and lessons taught in line with planned lessons and scheme.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods. Proper supervision of classroom activities and lesson delivery in line with the School’s plans.
- All other specified schedules to achieve quality assurance academic supervision
Reporting and Communication
- Writes weekly report to the CEO and Headmistress on major and relevant events and activities within the school.
- Ability to design and propose academic calendar and timetable for approval in line with international school best practices.
- Motivating and training of teaching staff and ability to motivate pupils to excel
INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY
Be innovative in teaching practices to new technologies and developments in the education industry
Promoting the acceptance and growth of the school within the community through the development of effective marketing and penetrative strategic.
SAFETY AND RESOURCE OPTIMIZATION
- Class room management to effectively meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to resolve major disciplinary issues with pupils and staff.
- Works with the CEO and Senior colleagues to deploy staff effectively.
- Assumes responsibility for pastoral care of pupils where necessary
- All other duties relevant and necessary for the smooth operations of the school as may be delegated by the School CEO and/or Headmistress.
Educational Qualifications/Certifications and Experience:
- A first degree in an education related course (BSc-Ed., B.A- Ed) from a reputable local or foreign university with a minimum of second class honours
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 (Fifteen) years cognate experience in a structured and established institution with verifiable pedigree
- Must demonstrate and highlight concrete career achievements
- Should possess Teachers Registration Council (TRC) Certificate
- Must be between the ages of 45 to 55 years
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications to DeputyHeadSearch@gmaiI.com not after 7th march, 2018 with reachable email addresses and phone numbers. Any candidate without the requisite requirement as contained in the advert will not be considered.
Appropriate discussions on remuneration commensurate with the position will be negotiated with shortlisted candidates.