West African Power Pool, are required suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of:
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Department: Office of the Secretary General
Reports to: Office of the Secretary General
Procurement officer is responsible for planning, managing and implementing procurement procedures and processes in the acquisition of good, works and services of overall WAPP needs. He/She should manage the related activities in collaboration with WAPP procurement Committee and in conformity with the provisions of WAPP Tender Code, Manual of Procurement procedures and donor’s procurement guidelines.
(1) Prepare and follow-up for approval procurement plans for WAPP Secretariat and WAPP projects financed by Donors.
(2) Update regularly approved procurement plans
(3) Update periodically the Tender Code and Manual of Procurement procedures
(4) Plan, implement and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of goods, works, consulting and no consulting services for the WAPP Secretariat.
(5) Advise requisitioning units and recipient units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
(6) Prepare and or review bidding documents and request for proposals documents.
(7) Prepare/Oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations in consultation with the WAPP Procurement Committee
(8) Propose procurement guidance notes to Procurement Committee
(9) Establish and maintain work program and schedule for on-going contracts and newly planned ones.
(10) Participate in negotiations involving WAPP procurement Committee, prepare procurement orders and seek approval of authorized officials and if applicable, prepare submissions to the Procurement Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
(11) Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments, research and analyse statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services
(12) Identify new technologies and products/services, evaluate and recommend potential supply sources and participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program;
(13) Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and extensions of procurement contracts and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations;
(14) Maintain a complete and systematic set of records of day-to-day procurement transactions and procurement archives.
(15) Maintain a register of local suppliers and update it periodically, Provide a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions etc.
(16) Provide guidance to and may supervise new/junior staff
(17) Keep track of orders and determine causes of any delays
(18) Answer any questions or clarifications from suppliers, and resolve an problems
(19) Reconcile purchase orders with the shipments, ensuring that they match
(20) Notify vendors when the invoices are not received and verify that the bills concur with purchase orders
(21) Oversee inventory control system, maintaining inventory spreadsheet and placing orders when materials on hand are insufficient
(22) Handle procurement issues as procurement focal point of the WAPP with donors
(23) Participate in procurement supervision and audits/review missions
(24) prepare procurement reports
(25) Conduct regular training to WAPP staff to enhance their capacity
Minimum Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Required:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent ) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Law or other related field. Certification in procurement is desirable.
Fluent in English/French and working knowledge of the other
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply through WAPP’s official website at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th April, 2018 at 6:00pm Benin Time (GMT +1). Enquiries should be sent to email@example.com . Late applications will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged.
Due to the large number of applications expected, only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment shall be contacted.