Position: Scientific Officer in Market Development/Linkages
The research associate in market development and linkages will work under the supervision of icrisat Country Representative.
Led in profile 4000 to 6000 farmer for NADIRA
Support the design of selected commodity sectors market development strategy within the context of NADIRA project in Nigeria.
- Support marketing activities for selected commodity development hubs in Nigeria.
- Support establishment of contracts with potential partners (e.g. market actors), and develop concrete offers for partnership and negotiate agreements between key actors.
- Initiate contract farming arrangement between seed companies, seed out growers, farmers groups, banks, insurance company’s agro-input companies and off-takers based on best practices and trust.
- Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation of project implementation
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Agricultural Economics /Agricultural Extension/Agronomy or related fields, and/or additional training in Agricultural Market Development/ Entrepreneurship Development or a related field.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years working experience with relevance in agriculture and agribusiness;
Previous experience with private sector and hands on market linkages will be an added advantage;
- Strong computer skill (knowledge of ODK is an advantage)
- Experience in use of GIS is an advantage
- Must be energetic, creative, and willing to learn;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of local languages is an added advantage
- Must have previous experience in agribusiness and be willing to spend long periods travelling and staying in rural areas.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Thorough knowledge of Sorghum market development and information systems particularly within Nigeria.
How to apply:
Send application together with CV to email@example.com on or before 10th march, 2018
Duration: Two years contract, renewable based on funds.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer qualified females candidates are encourage to apply
IAR KANO STATION PREMISES,
SABO BAKIN ZUWO ROAD, TARAUNI, PMB 3491, KANO, NIGERIA.
Cell: 07034889836, 08033556795
ICRISAT’S scientific information: http://EXPLOREit.icrisat.org
ICRISAT is a member of the CGIAR System Organization
Headquarters: Patancheru, Telangana, India 502 324, Tel: +91 40 3071,