Job Title: BA-Nigeria IT Officer
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Opening Date: 20th April, 2018
The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) IT Officer provides information technology services for the BA project. This position will be responsible for ensuring BA ICT infrastructure complies with corporate standards and ensures security and access control for data and network devices, responding to user support issues in a timely manner and implementing hardware, network and application support functions in line with policies of JHPHINI Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
Position’s roles & interactions:
This position will interact heavily with all BA staff. The position will have lead responsibility for all IT aspects of the projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to set up Microsoft Outlook user account, troubleshoot and resolve issues affixed to Microsoft Productivity Tools.
- Technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer and telecommunication systems (Mac and Windows OS), software, and hardware either in person or over the phone by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Monitoring and maintaining organization’s internet/network systems to ensure the right bandwidth is being provided by the Internet Provider.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2003 and 2012 R2).
- Resolving connectivity issues affixed to network components like printers, scanners and photocopying machines.
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the organization’s ICT systems.
- Performing In-house and Cloud based backup operations, and support users in backing up and restoring their data as well as virus detection, removal and prevention
- Create and maintain Break-through Action Nigeria computer software/hardware inventory ensuring security of all in-house and field-based computer systems.
- Writing technical manuals and training of computer users.
- Modification and Hosting of Website/Web based Applications
- Uploading Multi-media materials to live server for U RL Access
- Updating websites information.
- Handling Intercommunication System (e.g. Polycom Conference Phones) and other technological tools and products
- Installing software, modifying and repairing computer hardware
- Resolving technical problems affixed to Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other network systems
- Resolving financial QuickBooks Errors.
- Clearing printer paper jamming issues, toner replacements, etc.
- Detection of genuine IT components.
- Experience on Managing Corporate websites e.g. uploading and managing information, ensuring content is up to date, setting permission for site users, quality assurance checks and monitoring and maintaining SharePoint etc.
- Work closely with BA-Nigeria HQ Nigeria Team to ensure smooth operation of all IT related matters. Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Other duties as identified and assigned by Supervisor & BA-Nigeria Project Director
- Minimum of BSc. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relate field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a USAID funded Project/ International organization
- At least 5 years related experience in server support and familiarity with divers Operating Systems; experience with commonly used productivity software produce (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite); experience with Cloud Computing Platform (Office 365, Gmail, etc.) MS Visual Studio and other development suites; ability to work independently in a complex environment with minimal supervision; excellent communication skills.
Application: To apply for any of these positions, please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions mat do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
(1) Your cover letter should include the following:
(a) Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
(b) Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interview for shortlisted candidates.)
( c) Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
(2) Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document firstname.lastname@example.org 5pm (Abuja time) Friday April 27, 2018.
(3) CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g; USMAN SEGUN).
(4) The subject line of your email should be BA-Nigeria IT Officer
(5) DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted to provide Industry certifications.