Our client, a leading secondary school based in Lagos, has a vacant position for College Bursar.
Position: College Bursar.
The College Bursar manages and oversees operations of the accounts; provides leadership and direction for tuition and fee structure, billing and receivables, petty cash, and payments; ensures compliance with College and Government regulations and standard accounting procedures.
The candidate should possess
(1) Administrative experience adequate for management of the day-to-day affairs of the office;
(2) Experience of procedures at meetings – notices, agenda, minutes, conduct of meetings, and secretarial practice;
(3) Ability to produce budgetary estimates, reports, cash flow and financial and statistical summaries;
(4) Knowledge of the principles and methods of book-keeping and their adaptation to various purposes, including the preparation of final accounts;
(5) Knowledge of the law and practice relating to Income Tax, PAYE, benefits in kind and VAT;
(6) Ability to use accounting and other relevant soft wares.
(7) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
(8) Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and decision making skills.
(9) Aged between 30 to 40 years.
The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in an numerate course; with at least five years cognate experience. A postgraduate degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 1st may, 2018.