Conservation Agriculture/Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Specialist – Nigeria Rural Resilience
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Conservation Agriculture/Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Project in northern Nigeria. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Determine the integration of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices and technologies with farmers and key stakeholders, such as donors and development partners
- Identify CSA outcomes on sustainable agricultural production, adaptation and mitigation; and
- Access to adoption of CSA in Nigeria and suggest ways to strengthen early warning systems as part of the program’s sustainability and exit strategy plan
- Plan, implement, and monitor agricultural measures *
- Manage and train local staff on conservation agriculture and other important methodologies
- Support the planning and drafting of new projects in the fields of agriculture and food security
- Identifies areas for improvement of agricultural production and marketing methods in coÂoperation with local partners
- Contributes to the country development and strategies, actively participates in strategic discussions and keeps herself/ himself informed of the overall organizational topics
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- Master’s degree or higher degree in economics, agronomy, or related field of study
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with government counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, motivate and manage staff
- Professional fluency in English
- Competency in the use of computers and MS Office software, including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- 8+ years of experience in managing projects that focus on agricultural production, value chain development, market linkages, food security, etc. with practical experience in Nigeria
- Experience in conservation agriculture and providing training guided by those principles
- Experience in transferring climate smart agriculture techniques to smallholder farmers
- Previous experience managing USAID projects is preferred
Candidates can however also apply by e-mail to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 30th of April, 2018. The subject of the mail must be Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Specialist.
NB: Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview. There will be no response to telephone inquiries. The interview will consist of an interview with a jury and probably a written and/ or oral test.