A financial reporting regulatory agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria wishes to engage the services of qualified individuals with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce for standard settings as well as for monitoring and enforcement of compliance with accounting and financial reporting standards
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into the following job cadres:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(1) Research emergent accounting issues and develop financial reporting standards and/or guidelines for use by financial statement preparers;
(2) Monitor compliance with accounting and financial reporting standards via regular review of corporate reporting;
(3) Conduct routine, special and/or forensic investigations of suspected professional misconduct and/or fraudulent financial reporting;
(4) Develop auditing and assurance standards and related guidelines for use by professional accountants; and
(5) Conduct practice and/or engagement quality reviews of the work of registered assurance professionals and firms.
Candidates for the above positions should have a first degree, preferably in Accounting or related disciplines, with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) and a professional accounting qualification. In addition, a minimum of five (5) to twelve (12) years of work experience in public auditing and/or corporate financial reporting, strong written and oral communication skills and current knowledge of international accounting and assurance standards is required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send us a written application and your detailed profile via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 20 April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.