Job Title: HC3 Nigeria Driver Position
Reports to: The Senior Admin and HR Officer
Location: Abuja with frequent travel to project states
Opening Date: 27th April, 2018
Closing Date: 4th May, 2018
The Driver for the USAID HC3 Nigeria Project is responsible for providing driving and Logistics services to support the goals of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Drive staff on official assignment within the FCT and on official trips to project states. Ensure consistent and safe transportation for staff at all time.
Ensure that routine maintenance are scheduled for vehicles assigned to the driver. Routine maintenance includes: daily cleaning and daily checks on the vehicle.
Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
Monitor daily the fuel consumption level on the vehicle assigned to the driver
Distribution of mail correspondence to partners within the FCT
Work in accordance with the HC3 Vehicle policy
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of School Leaving Certificate
Valid Nigeria’s driver’s license and good knowledge of the high way codes of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
At least 6 years of professional experience in similar position
Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues and procedures
Good verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must possess skills in defensive driving, security & emergency driving and executive driving skills
Fluency in English and Hausa
Experience with International NGOs
Thorough knowledge of Abuja city, locations of NGOs, meeting venues, etc.
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions EXACTLY as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
(1) Your cover letter should include the following:
(a) Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
(b) Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
(c) Name the International NGO/NGOs you have worked with
(2) CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
(3) The subject line of your email should include the position applied for and location. E.g. “HC3 Nigeria Driver Position”.
(4) Email your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: email@example.com. All applications must be received by 5pm (Abuja time) Friday, 4th May, 2018.
(5) Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or must be disqualified.