A reputable international NGO that supports the building of electoral democracies with support from USAID and UKAIO seeks qualified applicants to fill the following vacancy in its Abuja office:
Responsible for designing and implementing gender integration initiatives for electoral management bodies and other partner organizations; draw on international best practices and gender equity principles to inform the implementation of program activities aimed at supporting increased participation of women in the electoral process. Assist with data gathering and M&E program reporting on gender outcomes. Work with EMBs in engaging CSOs and youth in enhancing credible elections and increasing women voter participation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or related field (Master’s degree preferred). Minimum of 10 years’ experience in gender analysis and programming, with a background in human rights and a rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women’s participation in governance and elections in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID, UKAID and other donor gender policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and writing) and presentation skills.
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Business awareness and numerical ability.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Most value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
Interested applicants should forward their application, current resume and cover letter no later than April 27th, 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications sent by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer