The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas are HI V and AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions. The Population Council is seeking a professional to fill the following position:
POSITION: LABORATORY COORDINATOR (LAGOS)
To operate and maintain a standard medical laboratory at the community-based outpatient clinic for men and their sexual partners who engage in high risk behaviours that predispose them to increased risks of HI V and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and perform other related duties as assigned. RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Coordinate the laboratory technical support to strengthen biomedical interventions in all programs and research activities.
(2) Provide Laboratory quality management system and support services to all projects.
(3) Monitor the quality and integrity of laboratory services and data at all levels.
(4) Contribute to timely submission of program / research reports.
(5) Monitor the bio-safety status of the laboratory site.
(6) Provide routine laboratory services according to good medical laboratory practice.
(7) Manage laboratory inventory and reagent logistics.
(8) Develop and maintain a reliable laboratory management information system.
(9) To perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Medical Officer and Deputy Director (HIV).
(1) Level of Education – Minimum of Master of Medical Laboratory Science
(2) Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
(3) Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills
(4) Experience in public health and infectious diseases
(5) Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills
(6) General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level – Excellent
(7) Language requirements – English – excellent
(8) Level of IT expertise required- good
(9) Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
(10) Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role- 3 to 5 years
(11) Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
(12) Ability to work well individually and in a team
MODE OF APPLICATION:
(1) Send an application letter (stating your current salary and salary expectations) and resume in PDF format to email@example.com on or before Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
(2) Clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example:
Laboratory Coordinator (Lagos)-Ben, Joshua Ekong