Biovaccines Nigeria Limited (BVNL), a Joint Venture company between May & Baker Nigeria Plc and the Federal Government of Nigeria with a strategic goal of resuscitating and advancing local production / development of vaccines in Nigeria seeks an exceptional individual with requisite qualifications and competencies to occupy the following position.
Position: Managing Director / CEO
The MD/CEO will lead this entire initiative and be responsible for strategy formulation, execution, and delivery of agreed business goals in a sustainable manner. The ideal candidate must be technically sound in pharmaceutical operations preferably in Bio-pharmaceutical field. He/ She must be able to build and sustain effective, partnerships with relevant local and international organisations/ agencies. He/She must be a strong leader with sound management pedigree and capacity to steer the company in the direction of sustained growth whilst implementing the company’s vision, mission and core values statements. The position of Managing Director /CEO will be responsible to the Chairman and Board of Directors of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategic business plans and providing strategic advice to the Chairman & Board of Directors
- Establishing company goals, aligned with board and shareholder goals
- Preparing and implementing comprehensive annual business plans / budgets to facilitate achievement of set business objectives and goals
- Building a strong coalition and partnership with key international, regional and local organisations / agencies in the healthcare / immunization community.
- Conceiving and developing new business ideas based on market and industry evolution.
- Providing leadership and motivation to all employees to drive performance.
- Delivering both financial and social objectives of the company
- Communicating and maintaining trust relationships with all stakeholders viz: shareholders, business partners, regulatory authorities, government and general public.
- Continuously scanning the environment, identifying potential market / government policy changes and providing solutions to ensure business sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences / pharmaceutical sciences / medicine / business. Higher Degree (Masters / PHD) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience at management level in the pharma industry preferably in vaccines / biologics).
- Previous consultancy experience with international organisations like WHO, UNICEF, and other NGOs could be an added advantage.
- Experience with WHO vaccines prequalification process at leadership role will be an added advantage.
- Mentoring and Problem – solving skills
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), etc.
- Remuneration: Very Attractive and Negotiable
- Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV not later than 24th April, 2018 to email@example.com .