THE AFRICAN FIELD EPIDEMIOLOGY NETWORK (AFENET), Nigeria office seeks the services of candidates to fill the position under the HIV unit.
Open to: All Interested candidates
Opening Date: 5 April 2018
Closing Date: 18th April 2018
Work Hours: Full time
POSITION TITLE: MOBILIZATION ASSISTANT
Duty Station: Abuja
Duration of Assignment: One year
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support all HIV/NAIIS activities relating to mobilization, data generation and electronics system
- Support community mobilization activities and advocacy visits.
- Support the development of work and survey tools.
- Support project mobilization activities and office
- Maintain and keeps in order the NAIIS mobilization offices
- Support and participate in field implementation activities
- Ensure preparation and documentation of all activity report
- Keep all records and minutes of events
- Support trainings on the NAIIS projects for health workers, field workers and Ministry of Health officials etc. at LGA, State and national levels.
- Support data collection and related activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to him by the Mobilization Team Lead / HIV Program Advisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in health sciences, computer sciences, statistics, public health, mass communication or related field.
- At least one-year experience working in similar roles
- Experience in assessing and/or supporting health systems in Nigeria
- Must also have documented post NYSC experience working in relevant field
- Experience with any analysis software such as STATA, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS.
- Advanced Academic/Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
- Good interpersonal relationship with ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Epi Info, SPSS and Stata
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language orally and in writing
- Good character and good attitude to work
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted