The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), Nigeria office seeks the services of candidates to fill the position under the HIV unit.
Open to: All Interested candidates
Opening Date: 5 April 2018
Closing Date: 18th April 2018
Work Hours: Full time
POSITION TITLE: NAIIS MEDIA SPECIALIST
Duty Station: Abuja
Duration of Assignment: One year
The Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) is a population based household survey that aims to examine the distribution of HIV, Hepatitis B and C disease in Nigeria, to assess the coverage and impact of HIV services on the population level, and to measure HIV-related risk behaviors using a nationally representative sample of persons aged 0-64 years. The purpose of the communication activities is to create awareness and gain the buy-in and support of all the stakeholders in Nigeria and especially the Nigerian citizens from the level of the state government to the communities where data collection will take place for the implementation of the NAIIS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the NAIIS Mobilization and Advocacy Director (AFENET HIV Advisor), the candidate will perform a variety of tasks, subject to the team’s workload and priorities.
The candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with various media houses to promote the NAIIS project
- Develop media concepts required for development of messages for the electronic, social and paper media.
- Produce high quality info graphics for the unit; generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act positively.
- Develop power point presentations, graphs, charts, and analytics and illustrative maps, diagrams, and graphics.
- Layout reports, information sheets, and other publication materials.
- Assist in standardizing all existing products and templates such as reports info sheets, presentation, situation reports as well as fonts, formatting, icons, images and layout techniques.
- Contribute to web content development internally and externally.
- Assist in developing web design mockups for internal and external platforms.
- Develop communication material and support internal and external outreach efforts
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Create editorial calendars, synchronization and syndication schedules.
- Assess new standards, technologies and trends; continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Prepare daily news briefs on issues in the health sector and program achievements
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or HND in Digital Marketing, Graphic Arts, Computer Science, Mass Communications or a related field, with minimum of 3 years work experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design software
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing; CMS, CSS, HTML5
- Advanced proficiency with software packages, most specifically Adobe Suite (In design, Illustrator, Animate, Flash and Photoshop) and MS Office (Publisher, PowerPoint, Visio) and SharePoint
- Fluency in English and any other native Nigerian language
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization’ s rules and regulations as they pertain to the incumbent’s area of responsibility.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills. Working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and counterparts from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Planning and Organizing: Using time efficiently. Ability to prioritize assignments, allocate appropriate time for completing work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Self-driven, inventive, innovative, collegial, committed, efficient, accurate and prompt.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Initiative and willingness to learn new skills
- Technological Awareness: Excellent computer skills; knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of public information products software.
Trust: Reputation for dealing honestly and openly with staff. Respected by peers, clients and staff.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted