IOM INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION
OIM ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE POUR LES MIGRATIONS
OIM ORGANIZACION INTERNACIONAL PARA LES MIGRACIONES
CALL FOR CVS
POSITION: CFCV2018/21/ CONSULTANT (MM/REVIEW OF DRAFT NATIONAL DIASPORA POLICY AND DEVELOPMENT OF IT’S ACTION PLAN) ABUJA
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: MIGRATION MANAGEMENT (MM)
IOM CLASSIFICATION: CONSULTANT
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: CONSULTANT, 30 WORKING DAYS
CLOSING DATE: 4TH JUNE 2018
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (MM), Lagos and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (MM) and in close coordination with the Labour Migration and Diaspora unit, the successful candidate will be expected to review, amend and revise the draft National Diaspora Policy and develop an action plan in line with international best practices.
Consultant will be expected to deliver, at the minimum, the following outputs.
An inception report and work plan two weeks of commencement of the assignment.
Outline of the policy brief.
Write up of consultations made to present the draft policy and its action plan.
Final policy and its action plan.
Facilitate stakeholders’ meeting to validate the policy and its action plan.
CORE FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) To review, amend and revise the draft National Diaspora Policy and develop its action plan.
(2) To facilitate consultation process to collect inputs for the draft National Diaspora Policy and its action plan, and collect insights and feedbacks on draft documents to make it more effective and comprehensive in line with best practices; (there will be up to four consultations).
(3) To review the draft National Diaspora Policy as well as develop its action plan through a wide range of consultative process in close collaboration with IOM and members of the Standing Committee on Diaspora Matters (SCDM) in Nigeria.
(4) To develop a framework that will establish institutional responsibilities and indicator with the aim of consolidating the role of the Nigeria National Volunteer Services (NNVS| in coordinating Diaspora Matters in Nigeria.
(5) To facilitate an interactive session with SCDM in Nigeria with the aim of reviewing and validating the draft National Diaspora Policy and its action plan.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position as subject line while hardcopy of previous work should be sent to I0M Office at No11, Haile Selassie Street Asokoro, Abuja. Deadline for submission of application and hardcopy of previous work is Monday 4th June 2018.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2018/21 Abuja. Consultant (MM/Review of Draft National Diaspora Policy and Development of its Action Plan).
All applications should include afunctional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(For the detailed Call for CV notice, please visit our website: https://nigeria.iom.int/about-us/vacancies).