The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following positions for the National Transmission of Polio (NSTOP).
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year
Closing Date: 4TH June 2018
Duty station: Abuja
Work Hours: Fulltime
DATA TECHNICAL OFFICER
- Ensure that DHIS 2 data generated is properly managed and analyzed
- Train state and LGA team on data collection and electronic data entry
- Provide support to state and LGA team to ensure DHIS2 data quality
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state, LGA and HF
- Support in development of strategies that would improve data quality
- Support operation research activities that can help to improve routine immunization data quality
- Support in development of DHIS2 project implementation reports for the hinders
- Use communication and information technology to support health structures.
- Data cleaning, sorting, pruning, storing and archiving and analysis of data.
- Perform GIS Map analysis for GIS Projects.
- Perform other tasks given to him by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
Qualification and requirement
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in data management, epidemiology, public health or related field
- Possess at least 2-year experience in data management, and or working with public health /monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite
- Experience with STATA, MathLab. SPSS. CSPRO, Epi Info. SAS
- Software development knowledge or data base administration knowledge would be an advantage
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of public health, data compilation, management and data analysis.
- Skills and Abilities: Possess data management, analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA).
- Proven knowledge of modem office procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Experience with web-based applications is design is an advantage.
The responsibilities of an Account Assistant include Accounts Assistant
- Review of financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of vouchers and entering the transactions in to the accounting package and/or excel ledgers.
- Review advance requests to ensure that no additional advance is given while there is an unaccounted for advance against a staff.
- Undertaking a thorough review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness of the accountabilities.
- Ensure monthly generation of advance report and their submission to the Finance Manager for review before passing them to staff and sub recipients with outstanding advances.
- Keep track of all advances to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and assist to reconcile them.
- Review the petty cash transactions to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, completeness of documentation and that value for money was obtained before the approve for replenishment by Finance Manager,
- Ensure proper maintenance of the cash books for all the bank accounts.
- Ensure proper coding of all the expenditures is done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
- Coordination on financial matters with third parties like vendors, banks, URA, NSSF, etc
- Proper filing of all the accounting and supporting documents with proper references for ease of document tracing and ensure they are kept in accordance with the Organization’s and donor requirements.
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualification and requirement
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Certification by professional Accounting bodies will be an added advantage (ACA. ACC A)
- At least 3 years of work experience in same position obtained from a busy and reputable organization. NGO experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Accounts packages and Ms. Office packages a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.