MATERNAL, NEWBORN AND CHILD HEALTH PROGRAMME (MNCH2)
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
In return we offer;
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
LOCATION: KADUNA STATE
Palladium International Development Nigeria Limited is seeking a Driver to be based in Kaduna State to contribute and work on the dynamic Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2), funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Under immediate supervision of the Finance &Admin Coordinator, performs function in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of Staff and Consultants to and from various destinations.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of project vehicles- washes and cleans interior;
- Responsible for the provision of safe and reliable driving services to the programme staff and consultants in the execution of their day to day duties.
- Reports any dysfunction to the Finance & Admin Coordinator, takes official vehicles for maintenance and repairs;
- Assists consultants in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies when necessary;
- Responsible for the security of all passengers and any equipment in the vehicles;
- Updates vehicle log book for all journeys.
- Performs related duties as required.
Specific Responsibilities available at the following link; http://thepalladiumqroup.com/iobs/Driver-VN4692
The Driver should:
- Have a Secondary School Leaving Certificate;
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development projeci will be an added advantage;
- Have an understanding of the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage.
For more details about the position and submission of applications kindly use the following direct link: http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Driver-VN4692
Closing date for applications is May 22nd, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.