Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position.
The purpose of this position is to have a skilled, dedicated and adequate support staff to supervise the eco-guard team for field implementation, recording and reporting of conservation activities.
POSITION: ECO GUARD SUPERVISOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the station camps of illegal entry and exit to the conservation area and report cases of security threat to Presco security department.
- Demarcation and monitoring of identified buffer zone within the plantation as per HCV management plans.
- Patrolling and inspecting conservation areas to curb illegal activities.
- Planting and maintaining tree seedlings for reforestation of the conservation area. Keeping inventory of seedlings (survival rates).
- Collecting/recording georeferenced field data (signs of animals, emergence of new species of plants and animals, piezometer, signs of farming, hunting, fishing and logging)
- Producing basic maps and comprehensive monthly reports.
- Keeping the conservation area management plan up-to-date.
- Training the eco-guards for effective monitoring
- Sensitizing the local communities and Presco workers on conservation issues.
- Maintaining the conservation boundaries to curb fire spread during the dry season.
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Forestry and Wildlife Management or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Efficient in report writing and good knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Knowledge and experience in GPS usage and GIS
- Experience of working in rural areas and in the field
- Experience in leading and/or supervising a team
Method of application
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and application on or before 15th May, 2017 to
The Human Resources Manager,
PRESCO PLC Km 22, Benin/Sapele Road,
P.O. Box 7061, Benin City, Edo State.
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held at our Head Office at Obaretin.