Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following positions for the National Transmission of Polio (NSTOP).
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: One year
Closing Date: 4TH June 2018
Duty station: Abuja
Work Hours: Fulltime
FRONT DESK OFFICER (RECEPTIONIST)
- Manage the reception and carry out other front desk activities.
- Receive and screen visitors to the organization plus providing them with information regarding their requests and/or direct them to the respective offices.
- In charge of the organization’s Telephone exchange board and support for teleconferencing connections.
- Maintain staff attendance registration records, visitors’ registry plus generating monthly attendance reports.
- Receive, sort and route all incoming, outgoing mails and maintain a mail register for the organization.
- In charge of work appointments’ register, and responsible for distribution of messages to respective staff.
- Provide administrative support to all other departments with clerical work that range from: typing documents, correspondences, data entry, scanning documents, filing and photocopying.
Qualification and requirement:
- BSC in Secretarial and Business Studies or any other relevant qualifications.
- Proven experience of three (3) years’ of similar work at front desk in a busy work environment or any reputable organization.
- Excellent communication, Customer care and relationship skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Ms. Office packages, including internet.
DATA TECHNICAL OFFICER (INFORMATICS)
- Good knowledge of the District health information system version 2 (DHIS2) Need to have programming and system architecture expertise to be able to do DHIS2 customizations and deployment.
- Should be able to do database design and data integration skills in programming language, i.e. Java and Java script Skills in DHIS 2.
- Basic skills in HMIS, data management
- Can build and deploy new functionality for DHIS2 (either as external module or by modifying the source code)
- Experience using cloud services and using a variety of open source technologies
- Develop and implement DHIS 2 tools and training materials
- Maintain data backup and archival procedures
- Can trouble shoot and provide support to users of DHIS2 across multiple administrative levels
- Can communicate with relevant stakeholders on data quality issues
- Perform other tasks given to him by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
Qualification and requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or advance diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Possess at least 2 years’ experience in software programming and working in public health sector
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2). Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net, Java, SQLand other related languages.
- Understanding of the DHIS2 database
- Experience with software programming language including but not limited to Java, Java script Skills in customization of DHIS2
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health- NPHCDA, and partner organizations Experience using data management software including but not limited to Excel& pivot tables and PowerPoint
- Experience in planning and coordinating field deployments
- Capable of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Good communication skills
- Certifications from DHIS2 academies will be a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.