VACANCIES: OFFICER- HUMAN RESOURCES, ANALYST- NIGERIA INFRASTRUCTURE FUND
The NIGERIA SOVEREIGN INVESTMENT AUTHORITY (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In the regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: Officer, Human Resources (ES0098)
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources (HR), the officer will be required to provide support in the various human resource functions, through leveraging on HR applications that are aligned with the NSIA’s business goals and objectives. S/he will also contribute to enhancing the current and future human resource value proposition of the Authority.
(1) Manage the HR applications in use and ensure the integrity of the data by ensuring the maintenance of employee records, and ensure accurate and timely updates of employee information on HRIS
(2) Manage and update of HR portal.
(3) Assist in the administration of payroll.
(4) Assist in the management of staff compensation and benefits/entitlements administration process.
(5) Assist in implementing policies in relation to the core HR areas
(6) Ensure all staff statutory payments are remitted to relevant regulatory bodies
(7) Provide a single point of contact to all staff for resolving HR queries and requests
(8) Manage staff records relating to leave and vacations, medicals and general administration
(9) Assist in ensuring accurate job descriptions are in place and assist in the implementation of performance management process
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
(1) A degree in social sciences or any relevant field.
(2) Knowledge and skill with minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
(3) Working knowledge of Human Resource Management applications
(4) Good knowledge of Nigerian labour and employment legislations.
(5) Commendable level of attention to detail
(6) Strong knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management practices and principles
(7) Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity.
Position: Analyst, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (ESO099)
Reporting to a Portfolio Manager, in Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, NSIA, the successful candidates will Support the Portfolio Manager in the investment of the Infrastructure Fund in essential and efficient infrastructure such as power generation, distribution and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
(1) Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis on proposed infrastructure projects and develop presentation materials for the Team Lead.
(2) Proactively monitor and report portfolio activities, provide up-to-date report to the Team Lead.
(3) Manage NIF transaction pipeline and provide weekly deal log report
(4) Support the Portfolio Manager in the planning and implementation of exit strategies from projects as directed by Management.
(5) Develop relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
(6) Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Portfolio Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
(1) A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or any Business-related discipline.
(2) Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
(3) Good knowledge of infrastructure sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy.
(4) Experience in Project Finance and management of infrastructure funds.
(5) Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in financial modeling.
(6) Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity.
In addition, candidates for all roles must possess the following attributes:
(i) Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
(ii) Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
(iii) Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
All positions are based in Abuja, Nigeria. The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for any of the positions on offer.
How to Apply:
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to the following email addresses;
email@example.com for the Analyst, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund and Officer, Human Resources positions
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, 20th June, 2018.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NSIA Act can be viewed on http://nsia.com.ng/
Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
4th Floor, Clan Place, Plot 1386 Tigris Crescent