VACANCIES: PORTFOLIO MANAGER- NIGERIA INFRASTRUCTURE FUND, HEAD- INFRASTRUCTURE RISK MANAGEMENT
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In the regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: Portfolio Manager, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (ES0094)
Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring prudent investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects such as power generation, distribution and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
(1) Build and manage a well-balanced investment portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
(2) Identify viable infrastructure projects and advise management on Investment decisions based on sound analyses.
(3) Champion the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
(4) Proactively monitor and supervise the portfolio activity, providing up-to-date report to management.
(5) Provide up-to-date analysis of portfolio activities.
(6) Provide market insight on a regular basis to share with other portfolio managers and executive management.
(7) Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
(8) Liaise with Investment risk managers to appropriately assess the risks facing the portfolio in order to define mitigating strategies.
(9) Build strong relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
(1) A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s) and relevant professional qualifications.
(2) Minimum of twelve (12) years, experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
(3) Good knowledge of infrastructure sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy.
(4) Hands on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds.
(5) Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and structuring of infrastructure deals.
(6) Expertise in negotiating complex transactions.
(7) Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with senior management of financial institutions and other stakeholders.
(8) Track record of successful investing.
(9) Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Position: Head, Infrastructure Risk Management (ES0095)
Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO, the successful candidate will manage all Infrastructure-related risks including transaction and project-specific risks.
(1) Develop and implement appropriate framework for providing consistent measurement, reporting and control of risks across the Authority’s Infrastructure portfolio.
(2) Perform comprehensive risk assessments, including statistical analyses and provide up-to-date information to guide the Authority’s investment decisions.
(3) Continuously review/assess the risks facing the Authority’s Infrastructure projects in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/framework using existing risk management tools.
(4) Define and implement various risk mitigation solutions.
(5) Define risk thresholds for Infrastructure projects and monitor the risk profiles accordingly and escalate and manage indicators outside limits with risk owners.
(6) Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure.
(7) Stay abreast of industry trends, events, issues and developments to assist/ enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as required.
(8) Define and continuously review the Authority’s Infrastructure risk policies, processes and activities, and make recommendations for improvement.
(9) Generate regular reports to executive management on the risk profiles of the Authority’s Infrastructure investments.
(10) Perform other functions as assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
(1) A degree in Finance, or any Business-related discipline and postgraduate qualification (s); possession of CFA and other such professional will be an advantage.
(2) Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank. International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
(2) Credit Risk experience with emphasis/exposure to Project Finance/Infrastructure projects.
(3) Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
(4) Need to be strong with financial modelling tools, techniques and analysis
(5) Political and business savvy, maturity and tact, including ability to relate and network at different levels of authority.
(6) Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
In addition, candidates for all roles must possess the following attributes:
(i) Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
(ii) Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
(iii) Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
All positions are based in Abuja, Nigeria. The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for any of the positions on offer.
How to Apply:
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to the following email addresses;
email@example.com for the Portfolio Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org for the Head, Infrastructure Risk Management positions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, 20th June, 2018.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NSIA Act can be viewed on http://nsia.com.ng/
Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
4th Floor, Clan Place, Plot 1386 Tigris Crescent