VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF MANAGING PARTNER IN A LAW FIRM
Our client, a Commercial Law Firm situated in Ikoyi area of Lagos is seeking to recruit an innovative, passionate, and result-driven candidate for the position of Managing Partner. The successful candidate who will be based in Lagos and report to the Board of Partners will:
- Have primary responsibility to drive the legal practice and lead practice growth initiatives towards increasing the Firm’s growth dynamics.
- Be responsible for facilitating the achievement of the Firm’s goals and objectives by developing and executing an effective penetration strategy as well as championing the efforts to expand client base.
Some of the broad responsibilities of the Managing Partner will include:
- Provide general, overall managerial function as the Managing Partner
- Formulate, manage, lead, direct and coordinate the legal practice and practice growth strategies in line with the Firm’s strategic direction and objectives
- Design, develop, execute and monitor the strategies and policies, process workflow and Standard Operating Procedures
- Research, analyse and monitor opportunities, competitions and trends
Qualifications & Experience
- Must possess first degree or equivalent in Law from a reputable University.
- Advanced/Master degree in Law and or Business Administration will be added advantage.
- A Second Class Upper/First Class Degree at the LL.B will be an added advantage.
- Must possess B.L. and/or other relevant professional certifications/qualifications.
- Verifiable track record in corporate and commercial law practice would be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 10 years post qualification experience in legal practice or in house Legal Counsel, 5 of which must be at a Tier 1 or Tier 2 commercial legal practice in the City of Lagos.
- International work experience would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in successfully managing and growing Legal service Firms would also be added advantage.
- Experience in developing and implementing client growth/ development plan in a Law office environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal value chain and in particular in the commercial practice area.
- A thoroughbred professional in law, practice, ethics and practice development.
- Must be dedicated and desirous to deliver beyond expectation, zealously.
- Analytic and decisive with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- A hands-on manager with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- An effective team leader and good team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Initiate ideas that would generate income for the Firm.
- Poise personality.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All qualified and interested applicants should forward a comprehensive resume/CV and cover letter to the email address: email@example.com on or before 6th June, 2018. Successful applicant should be ready to resume duty immediately.