Vacancies: Administrative Officer, Driver
Palladium International Development Nigeria Limited is seeking an Administrative Officer and a Driver to be based in the Abuja office to contribute and work on the dynamic Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2).
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria :Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
In return we offer;
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
Position: Administrative Officer (1)
The Administrative Officer is responsible for the planning and coordination of office administration and logistics for the MNCH2 project at the Abuja office. The Administrative Officer is responsible for ensuring that the operational, administrative and facility functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s work.
These are categorized in 4 broad responsibilities below
- Travel and Security
- Procurement and Asset Management
- Financial Management
- Other Administrative duties
Full details of what each of these key responsibilities entails are available at the following link: http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Administrative-Officer-VN4970
The Administrative Officer should:
- University Degree required, preferably in Business Administration or related social science field.
- Experience in logistics planning and procurement.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel Spreadsheets, Word or other customized accounting software; comfortable in a Windows PC environment
Position: Driver (1)
- Under the immediate supervision of the Administrative Officer, performs function in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of Staff and Consultants to and from various destinations.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of project vehicles – washes and cleans interior;
- Responsible for the provision of safe and reliable driving services to the programme staff and consultants in the execution of their day to day duties.
- Reports any dysfunction to the Administrative Officer, takes official vehicles for maintenance and repairs;
- Assists consultants in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies when necessary;
- Responsible for the security of all passengers and any equipment in the vehicles;
- Updates vehicle log book for all journeys.
- Performs related duties as required.
Specific Responsibilities available at the following link: http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Driver-VN4968
The Driver should:
- Have a Secondary School Leaving Certificate;
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Have an understanding of the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage.
For more details about the positions and submission of applications kindly use the following direct links: Driver (http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Driver-VN4968) Administrative Officer (http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Administrative-Officer-VN4970)
Closing date for applications is 15th June, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.