CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS IN AN ENGINEERING PROCUREMENT INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING (EPIC) COMPANY
We are a leading Engineering Procurement Installation and Commissioning (EPIC) company in Nigeria’s Oil & Gas upstream sector. We require experienced personnel to join our dynamic workforce.
- Study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instructions for your specific or functional area of responsibility.
- Verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarifications needed.
- Review, in co-operation with the Project Manager, and agree the overall site programme for your area of responsibility including Sub-contractors’ programmes.
- Identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the Project Manager and agree a solution.
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with sub-contractors site representatives.
- Be fully familiar with the sub-contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and reserve any apparent conflicts.
- Be familiar with and ensure that Company and Site Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all work is executed to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to.
- Co-ordinate and report on a daily basis on all progress matters and problem areas.
- Managing, guiding, co-ordination and supporting the construction and commissioning personnel and teams at onshore and offshore sites.
- Setting out and ensuring compliance of the health & safety standards as per company procedures within the onshore and offshore team.
- Setting work scope priorities and assign scopes in line with the project plan.
- Ensuring quality of the deliverables is maintained in line with corporate standards and procedures.
- Participates in weekly clients progress meetings and provide input to weekly and monthly project reports and plan
- Responsibility for successful planning and delivery onshore and offshore.
- Ensure safe and environmentally successful completion of scopes.
- Management of construction budgets
- Liaise with Client both Onshore and Offshore
- A good degree in an engineering discipline
- 7-10 experience in the oil and gas sector
- Demonstrable experience in managing brownfield and/or greenfield projects and leading and supervising labour
- Previous experience of managing construction of a Major Project within major organisation in the oil and gas sector.
- Previous experience of contributing towards Construction and Company Strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in a functional leadership position.
Interested and qualified persons should forward their applications/CV to email@example.com not later than 27th May 2018
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview