Position: CFCV2018/31 Consultant (MM/Expert Review of National Migration Policy Action Plan) Abuja
Organizational Unit: Migration Management (MM)
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 25 working days
Closing Date: 18th June, 2018
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (MM/AVRR) Lagos, under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (MM) and in close coordination with Data & Policy unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the review of the Action Plan of the National Migration Policy and the implementation of its action plan.
(1) Conduct a desk review of relevant studies and literature on migration policy development and implementation
(2) Provide technical expertise by reviewing the Action Plan of the National Migration Policy including its implementation Plan while incorporating emerging and current migration realities with reference to Nigeria and standardizing the migration policy action plan to adapt different migration contexts.
(3) Provide technical guidance to ensure that the Valetta Action Plan is incorporated into the reviewed National Migration Policy Action plan.
(4) Provide technical lead in information and data gathering from relevant MDAs for use in the review of the National Migration Policy Action Plan.
(5) Facilitate pre-validation meeting comprising of the members of the TWG and other key stakeholders in migration management in Nigeria to gather
comments and ideas from different migration actors, which would feed into the review of the migration policy action plan.
Tangible and Measurable Output of the work Assignment:
Relevant desks, studies and literature on migration policy development and action plan reviewed
Inception report of the expert review produced.
At least one planning/review meeting with the relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to gather information facilitated.
At least one validation meeting on National Migration Policy review facilitated.
Reviewed and validated National Migration Policy Action Plan and its implementation plan produced.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Sciences, Policy Development, Public Administration and Sociology; a specialization in migration would be an advantage
5 years of relevant experience (Seven years for candidates holding a first level university degree) preferably on Migration Management and or Policy development.
Demonstrated expertise in migration related project/proposal conceptualization and policy development;
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied as subject line by Monday 18th June, 2018.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2018/31 Abuja. Consultant (MM/ Expert Review of National Migration Policy Action Plan)
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(For the detailed Call for CV notice, please visit our website: https://nigeria.iom.int/about-us/vacancies).
From 5th June, 2018 to 18th June, 2018.