Client is one of the leading players in the Insurance Industry.
Position: Executive Director
Ref No: ED0508
The role of the Executive Director is an Executive Management role reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Beard of Directors, and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- 15+ years Insurance experience with the last 5 years in an Executive Management role
- Bachelor’s Degree/MSc./MBA in relevant areas plus a professional certification in insurance.
- Sales and Marketing
- Operational planning and management
- Program planning and management
- Human resources planning and management
- Financial planning and management
- Risk management;
- Community relations/advocacy
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients. Board and Shareholders
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Draft policies for the approval of the: Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have, the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission
- Work with staff and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (clients, staff, management); property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
- If you can see yourself in this role, our Client will like to meet with you
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title ED0518
Closing date for applications:
30th June, 2018