The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position:
POSITION: OFFICER, INVESTMENT OPERATIONS (ES0101)
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will work with investment teams on a diverse range of investment activities. He/she will support the procurement of high-quality and cost-efficient services/supplies ensuring that the business gets the best value at all times.
- Support the management of the Authority’s investment portfolio, monitor portfolio activities and provide up-to-date reports to management
- Support compliance with project milestones, contracts, commitment and terms.
- Monitor project schedules and budgets, prepare progress reports, and liaise with key internal teams i.e. Finance, Audit, Risk management etc.
- Prepare project costs variance reporting and commitment control.
- Support the continuous review/monitoring of the Authority’s investment portfolio in order to proactively escalate red flags.
- Support the implementation of exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Assist with new manager on boarding, transition for manager changes and issues resolution.
- Assist in the review of performance measurement reports produced by the Global Custodian and liaise with the Investment teams to review returns and discuss anomalies.
- Support cash movements within the custodial and other banking relationships (both domestic and international)
- Develop relationships with both internal and external counterparties to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
- Support the review of monthly reporting pack from the Global Custodians (GC) and discuss any valuation differences with the Investment teams.
- Play a role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies/services.
- Perform administrative duties; minute taking, end to end business support within the procurement process flow.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Unit Head/Team Lead.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar position
- A Business degree with a Post graduate/Professional qualification, Possession of ICAN/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge about back office processes, asset management and service providers.
- Counterparty/Credit Risk experience with exposure to Financial market/Infrastructure projects.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Organized, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver to deadlines.
- In addition, candidates for these roles must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking, relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
- All positions are based in Abuja, Nigeria. The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for any of the positions on offer.
How to apply
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to the following email addresses; email@example.com for the Officer, Investment position and firstname.lastname@example.org for the Head, Internal Audit position.
Application Deadline: Wednesday. August 2nd, 2018.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The NSIA Act can be viewed on http://nsia.com.ng/.
Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
4th Floor, Clan Place, Plot 1386 Tigris Crescent