ALHAJI AKILU COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY, MADOBI
Alhaji Akilu Comprehensive Secondary School which is located in Madobi about 30km along Kano-Yako road is interested in employing experienced and qualified candidate to fill the following position effective from 31st July, 2018
Principal who will manage the senior and junior secondary school operations and provide leadership for the teaching staff, students and other workers will be the main job description. He will also be in constant contact with the Proprietor/Chairman board of Governors as well as members of the Parents Teachers Association.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- B.A/B.SC Education in English Language, Literature, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Geography, History. Masters Degree will be an additional advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ten years working experience as principal of a secondary school preferable boarding
- Vice principal or senior Master with fifteen years minimum working experience in secondary school.
- Age range: 45 to 55 years
- Sound medical condition
- Excellent public relations
- Willingness to relocate to school cite in Madobi
- Remuneration is attractive but negotiable upon presentation employers last pay certificate.
- Ensure that teachers prepare and conduct lessons in strict accordance with the curricula designed for each class by the relevant authorities.
- Establish an effective working relationship with all staff towards the realization of the goals and objectives the School sets to achieve. Maximum productivity of all employees should always be stimulated.
- Conduct staff meetings at appropriate intervals to consider school staff matters of mutual interest, students’ academic performance, discipline, community relations and other issues needing attention.
- Implement promptly the decisions reached at the Board meetings to ensure the progress of the school in strict conformity with its overall interest as reflected in its Vision and Mission. Keep the board fully informed of the School’s progress towards its objectives.
- Coordinate the affairs of the school with the Parents Teachers Association, the Community of the environment in which the school is situated as well as the general public.
- Advice the Board of Governors on the development of objectives policies, programmes, budget and recommend appropriate action on staff disciplinary cases in accordance with Schools Conditions of Service.
- To arrange from time to time extra curricula activities consistent with secondary schools system such as sports, scouts, excursions, publication, drama, assembly, debates, etc which will develop mental and physical capabilities of the students.
- Interpret National and State Education Policies and instructions with a view to assisting the School Board of Governors in determining policies appropriate to governing its own secondary school. As the academic and administrative head of the school, the Principal is to serve as the Board Secretary and implement decisions reached in line with the general policies of the secondary school educational system.
- Manage prudently the financial resources of the School and ensure the collection of school fees in good time.
Interested candidates should please forward their applications and CVs on or before 18th June, 2018, to the Chairman Appointments Selection Committee to AACSS Madobi as well as email: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and other selection formalities.