Position: Resident Engineer (3 positions -1 per State)
Category: Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE)
Location: Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States
Duration: 1 Year (renewable)
The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG) is seeking the services of qualified Resident Engineers who will provide technical expertise in the contract management and Supervision of the works contract under the European Union supported Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III) Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states. The water works contract management and supervision will be conducted in the selected small town in the 6 selected LGAs in the 3 participating states – Adamawa State (Mubi South and Furore LGAs), Ekiti State (Gbonyin and Ekiti West LGAs) and Plateau State (Riyom and Shendam LGAs)
SCOPE OF WORK
The SNKE Resident Engineers will perform supervision over the implementation of all Contractors activities and ensure their compliance with the terms of the Works Contract, quality requirements and main design, from the conclusion of the contract to technical inspection, including preparation of the takeover certificate and takeover record.
REQUIRED PROFILE OF THE EXPERT
Education and skills
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields.
- In the absence of a Master degree, 10 years’ relevant experience « addition to the general experience required;
- Registered member of Council for the Regulation of Engineering In Nigeria (COREN);
- Knowledge of applicable procurement rules (specifically for works) and PCM methodology,
- Fluency in English, Computer skills – MS office.
General Professional experience
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, especially in Nigeria.
Specific Professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience m relevant projects related to water rehabilitation/ improvement m urban areas/small towns (civil, electrical, mechanical works and installation equipment);
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading teams;
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervision and or design of water works contracts urban and small towns,
- Experience with regard to feasibility planning, detailed designs, contract management and operation of water supply and sewerage systems;
- Experience in reviewing technical specifications,
- Experience in structural and civil engineering of water works, electrical engineering and/or quantity surveying.
- Experience m water supply network construction will be an added advantage;
- Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6th July, 2018.