UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND: Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, working to reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS in seven countries. In Nigeria, MGIC, in partnership the Government of Nigeria and United State Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) recently commenced planning for and conducting the Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS).
POSITION: SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in the development of an overall strategic procurement plan, implementation framework, and review of the unit’s goals and objectives to support the NAIIS Project and MGIC.
- Provide support and oversight for the procurement of health products and related goods and services that will support the implementation of the NAIIS Project and the MGlC country platform to ensure uninterrupted access to health commodities and other procurements.
- Develop Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), scopes of work (SOWs), purchase orders (POs), etc., as needed.
- Develop, review and issue purchase orders (PO) with contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with MGIC procurement policies.
- Initiate, follow through and complete local commodity procurement using the Procurement Tracker. As appropriate, make recommendations to improve the existing procurement tracker.
- Work with the compliance unit to ensure that all procurement of goods and services are in line with CDC (45 CFR 75) requirements, the US Government’s Uniform Guidance, and MGIC policies.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that all procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Support the development of appropriate sourcing strategies that will enable the project to obtain best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Supervise and manage the Procurement team to promote smooth internal operations of the unit in line with MGIC procurement and operational manual.
Supervise the regular update of the Procurement Master Tracker to ensure that all required information is completed and shows the correct position of each approval.
Support the development and regular reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of procurement services.
With input from team members, prepare monthly funds forecast based on projected items for review by the Senior Procurement Manager
Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
Contributes positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, accepting and giving constructive feedback.
Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time/opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Snr Procurement Manager, considered necessary to achieve success and which are consistent with the overall nature of the contract and work plan.
The Senior Procurement Officer’s first reporting line is to the Senior Procurement Manager and second line to Director, Finance and Administration
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a Six-month contract position to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Masters’ Degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Management, Procurement, or relevant degree required
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization, especially in the health sector preferred. Experience with a USG-funded organization preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing technical proposals and managing complex procurement of goods and services for the health sector required
- CIPS – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing team required.
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of goods and services required
- Proactive, with positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Candidates are to click on the link below and fill the form https://goo.gl/forms/nvRjHCZdYUvqkuq52
Six Months with the possibility of renewal subject to the availability of funds
18th June 2018