The EUROPEAN COMMISSION’S CIVIL PROTECTION AND HUMANITARIAN AID Department (ECHO) seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant to join its Office in Abuja.
The European Commission’s Directorate General For Civil Protection And Humanitarian Aid (DG-ECHO), is the European Commission Department responsible for financing humanitarian assistance. ECHO finances a range of partners, which include NGOs, UN agencies and the Red Cross Movement, to provide assistance to people affected by both natural and manmade disaster.
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a part of a dynamic team, the Administrative Assistant will ensure an efficient operational and financial support to the assigned team, and an effective coordination with other interlocutors, through appropriate secretarial, financial & administrative duties by undertaking the following tasks:-
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support including drafting correspondence, reports, tender and contract preparation, emails etc;
- Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing, and maintaining a proper electronic filing system;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, travel arrangements as well as minute taking;
- Maintain a schedule for staff for leave, absences, training and missions;
- Follow up protocol issues (visa’s, travels and work permits, stay permits, car registration);
- Maintaining office stock, stationery and supplies and inventory management
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A relevant secondary education or equivalent commercial school. Minimum Secretarial Diploma;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Very Good drafting skills;
- Knowledge in accounting will be an advantage;
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills;
- Capable of working under pressure, both in a multitasking position and in a multicultural environment;
- Previous experience in an International Organisation or NGO is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Good communication skills; fluency in English (speaking & writing);
A detailed List of competences and Terms of reference are available at https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/nigeria_en
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must comprise of
- Your updated resume maximum 3 pages in the European CV Format only;
- Academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- A one-page motivational letter setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- The name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer.
- Applications which do not meet minimum requirements will be automatically rejected.
The position is open to nationals and other residents of Nigeria with a valid working permit. The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal depending on performance and subject to a 3 months’ probationary period. As an indication the monthly basic salary ranges from NGN 320,000.00 to a maximum of NGN600,000.00 (subject to local tax law)
Application plus detailed CV of the interested candidate should be sent to Echo-Administration-Abuja@echofield.eu latest by 31st July, 2018 by latest 6:00pm (Subject clearly marked: “REF: Administrative Assistant – ABUJA”).
Candidates who have not been contacted by 30th September, 2018 should consider that they have not been selected.