MFDA (MENNONITE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATES) invites applications for the Position of
GRANTS COORDINATOR: MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org .
The Grants Coordinator is supervised by- the Field Project Manager: S/he-is responsible for the development of the granting mechanisms for the Smart Incentives to be applied in the project, contracts for consulting adding value to the program as well as contracting for KFPs and other partners in line, with MEDA’s best practice: The Grants Coordinator will-work Closely with the Finance Manager and in collaboration with the Programming Unit in the planning; implementation and evaluation of grants and sub-grants to consultants, SSBs, Key Facilitating Partners (KFPs), and Lead Firms (LFs).’ S/he will assist in due diligence processes to ensure grant recipients are able to be accountable for the grant and its activities including participating in institutional assessments, developing Capacity building reports, and monitoring of grantee compliance over the life of the WAY Project.
JOB TITLE: GRANTS COORDINATOR
JOB STATUS: START DATE TBA: Full-time, 1-year contract renewable up to 3 Years
SUPERVISOR: Field Project Manager
LOCATION(s): This position is based in Bauchi, Nigeria. Travel is approved by management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Finance Manager and the technical staff to ensure that MEDA rules and regulations and best practice are followed in a timely manner for Smart Incentives and Grants to project partners.
- Manage and monitor granting portfolios and their flow through Client Relationship Management software.
- Analysis and evaluation of proposed workplans and budgets submitted by partners to ensure adherence to the contract terms, and GAC and MEDA grants management policies and regulations.
- Support in regular review of partners’ recordkeeping, processes to ensure that capacity building goals are being met. Support the Finance Manager to identify capacity building needs of KFPs/LFs in grant management and transfer the knowledge to them appropriately and timely.
- Facilitate grant, management, budget reporting and monitoring and other activities related to compliance.
- Collate quarterly financial reports of grants component and submit to the Finance Manager for consolidation into the financial reports of MEDA.
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure that the general accounting functions are completed on a timely basis.
- Support the Finance Manager to ensure that MEDA’s program adheres to Government of Nigeria’s laws, including financial reporting, tax, labor and proper registration with all relevant authorities as required.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Field Project Manager.
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience- in accounting, finance and sub-grant management with international projects
- Strong grants management, financial and audit
- Experience with CRM database software and -computer skills with Microsoft office software package
- Work experience as a Grants Coordinator is preferred
- Agricultural sector experience preferred Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values, mission and purpose
- MEDA welcomes and encourages applications from alt genders, backgrounds, religions, cultures, nationalities and abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified Candidates should send their Cover letters and CV’s to: WAYjobapplications@gmail.com
Application Closing Date: 28, September, 2018.