The World Bank Country Office in Nigeria is seeking a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in a very demanding and fast-paced environment to serve as a consultant in the Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (MTI) Global Practice on an Extended-Term Consultancy contract spanning one year (with possibility of extension for another year). The selected candidate will work closely with the Nigeria MTI team and the task team leaders of the subnational fiscal work program.
POSITION: CONSULTANT (MACROECONOMICS, TRADE AND INVESTMENT)
One-year Local Appointment
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of the Bank’s subnational fiscal and debt database with more recent and additional state data and development of a local government module;
- Aggregate subnational fiscal and debt analyses, including fiscal projections and simulations, and preparation of relevant write-ups (in form of technical notes, policy notes, presentations, reports) using the Bank’s databases and other data sources;
- Analysis of intergovernmental fiscal and administrative arrangements between state and local governments to better understand the roles and responsibilities of local governments in fiscal management;
- Analytical support to MTI task teams in the preparation and oversight of sub-national lending operations.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in economics, public finance or other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a research analyst and economist;
- Highly computer literate with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, including in econometrics and other quantitative methods;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain databases, construct economic and fiscal models, conduct economic and fiscal projections and simulations, conduct policy-relevant analyses; and present analyses in a format relevant to the audience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Language.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications: For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to submit an application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on the new current vacancies and then type req782 into the “Keyword or ReqID” search field. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date for receipt of applications is 31, October, 2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.