A LEADING INTEGRATED TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS COMPANY in Nigeria and West Africa requires the services of experienced Head, Courier operations
POSITION: HEAD, COURIER OPERATIONS
Reporting Line: Head, Cargo Division
The required role is within an existing line haul delivery system migrating to a growing e-commerce last mile delivery service environment.
Manage, Plan, Direct and Control of all operations resource to ensure timely and efficient management of all Cargo and Parcels collected by the company and ensure deliveries within the specified times.
Supervise dispatchers, Hub operations team and Coordinators, to ensure that every shipment is picked and delivered within SLA.
- Responsible for overall operational management and performance of all delivery operations.
- Enforce full compliance with Cargo Operations software.
- Coordinate activities of courier operations to ensure optimal result.
- Identify logistical problems and proffer innovative solutions.
- Plan and Schedule the delivery of goods and cargo within TAT time.
- Interact routinely with sales team. Cargo Hub and Warehouse supervisor on all operational issues.
- Monthly review of courier route data to ensure that collections and deliveries are completed according to specified delivery time frame.
- Analyze data via courier software to enforce total compliance with delivery process.
- Proactively identify operational challenges and suggest solutions to head operations.
- Coordinate with Fleet Operations/Cargo Hub prompt and smooth delivery of all e-commerce shipments.
- Serve as the secondary logistics contact for the e- commerce, regarding all carrier related business needs, (e.g Service issues, reporting, data analysis, etc)
- A good first degree from a reputable University.
- Must have good knowledge of Courier Software.
- A least six (6) years cognate experience in Courier operations.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to coordinate the Departmental Staff & Drive them to greater Efficiency.
- Excellent communication and analytical skill.
- Must be very creative and innovative.
- Possess high sense of urgency.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified applicants should summit their application with comprehensive resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication (7 March, 2019)