This is your opportunity to use your special talents to make the change that matters:
SOLIDARIDAD WEST AFRICA (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
As one of the Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program, seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer. The position would be based initially in Abuja and later in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
POSITION: PROGRAMM MONITORING EVALUATION AND LEARNING (PMEL) OFFICER – NIGERIA
The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects. He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout project cycle. In addition, he/she will support the country office in the actualization of their strategic plans aligned to the vision of Solidaridad.
Planning and Design
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project.
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection.
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making.
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data.
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt
Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project.
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements in the award.
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports.
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates.
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation.
- Prepare the M&E reports for submission to the Project Managers and PMEL Coordinator.
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA/RDQA and reporting
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Project Management, or relevant subject, preferably with specialization in research, monitoring and evaluation
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the implementation of international development programs, including substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation data collection analysis and management, quantitative and qualitative research;
- Experience with the DCED standard and private sector development is a plus;
- Experience in working with policy makers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in International Cooperation;
- Experience in using data analyses tools (SPSS, Stata or similar tools)
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities
- Capable of working in a dynamic, inter cultural, multi stakeholder setting;
- Able to travel extensively within the country;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce professional reports in English language.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fulfil this challenging and rewarding role, then kindly send your application with updated resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org , by the closing date 15, February, 2019.
Please indicate the position in the subject. High priority would be given to qualified female applicants.
Please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.