Our Client is one of the FOREMOST AND REPUTABLE INDIGENOUS professional bodies in Nigeria with a mission to produce world-class Chartered Accountants, regulate and continually enhance ethical standards and technical competence in the public’s interest.
JOB TITLE: REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Provide leadership and direction for the Organisation’s Secretariat and coordinate all its activities in accordance with its enabling Act, rules and regulations as well as strategic plans. The job holder will assume full responsibility for implementing decisions made by the Organisation’s Governing Body as wen as the day to day management of affairs of the secretariat
Selected Responsibilities include:
- Plays a proactive role in the formulation of strategic objectives and brings them to the Governing Body of the Organisation for input discussion and approval;
- Ensures the strategic and annual planning process is in place to produce effective plans for approval by the Governing Body of the Organisation;
- Ensures all financial and non-financial reporting requirements are met on a regular and timely basis;
- Develops and maintains effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including government donors, professional members and other partners;
- Assists professional accountancy organizations across West Africa in responding to statement of members’ obligations (SMOs) and preparing follow-up action plans as may be necessary;
- Familiarises with World Bank Reports on Standards and Codes (ROSC), Policy Recommendations and provides assistance to professional accountancy organizations in West Africa in responding to ROSC findings as well as develops action plans to implement policy recommendations;
- Ensures appropriate staffing of key positions in the Secretariat as well as establishment of appropriate remuneration levels and performance of staff within the framework agreed by the Governing Body;
- Builds and entrenches an appropriate corporate culture that aligns with the Organisation’s values anchored on excellence, integrity and professionalism, and high performance through effective performance management communication and coaching of staff.
Required Competencies Include:
- Demonstrate an Intellectual and professional leadership style that supports attainment of respect and credibility throughout the Organisation
- Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and Craft new approaches to changing situations as may be appropriate
- Ability to work with regional and global institutions such as ABWA, ECOWAS, PAFA and regional development banks and the World Bank
- Ability to assimilate complex issues and use appropriate communication strategies to influence wide and diverse audiences
- Knowledge of issues surrounding the accountancy profession pined through experience working with member bodies, accounting firms, professional accountancy organizations, and other representatives of the profession.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in, local and national government processes as well as professional promotion, registration, examination and regulatory processes
- Experience working with Governing Bodies, providing professional, accurate and strategic advice
A good university degree. Post graduate or M.Sc, in a related discipline is an added advantage
Professional Requirements: Minimum of Fellow, ACA.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of ten (10) years senior management experience in a similar industry; a global accounting or financial organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application deadline: This vacancy will close 2 weeks from today (27, February, 2019).