VACANCIES: LEGAL COUNSEL (PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION), LEGAL COUNSEL (COMMERCIAL), REGIONAL LEGAL COUNSEL (LITIGATION)
We are A TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN COMPANY operating within and outside Nigeria. We require experienced qualified Lawyers to join the Legal Team.
Very attractive and competitive remuneration package with benefits awaits successful candidate
- Minimum of Second Class Upper Division in Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB) and Call to Bar Certificate (BL).
- Master’s Degree in Law (LL.M) will be an add advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suites.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
POSITION: LEGAL COUNSEL (PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION) REF: LCPA
- Minimum of 6 years post call to bar experience in telecommunications with competences in contract drafting, legal documentation, litigation etc.
- Good knowledge of property and commercial law practice.
- Must be able to travel nationwide at short notice.
- Support the Rollout/Operations Teams in routine legal work of the Company.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all manners of legal issues that could lead to site closure/denial of access.
- Ensure the periodic update of the databases maintained by the Legal Services Department/Keeping records of all the Company’s properties on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the conduct of searches for site acquisitions.
- Perfection of Leases/Purchase Agreements.
- Prepare Lease Agreements, Deeds of Assignment, Licences and addenda to principal lease agreements, etc.
- Provide legal guidance and opinions to the Company on site acquisition related matters.
- Review from time to time legal, regulatory and telecommunicates
POSITION: LEGAL COUNSEL (COMMERCIAL) REF: LCC
- 6 Years’ experience in commercial practice, corporate practice and general legal advisory services preferably in a telecommunications company
- Hands on experience in legal drafting, revision and contract administration
- Wide knowledge in general commercial practices and legal advisory services
- Contract Administration skills and ability to provide on the spot legal assessment and opinions
- Drafting vetting and review of all commercial agreements
- Keeping proper records of all executed agreements and monitoring of related BGs. Non-Disclosure Agreements etc.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders
- Provision of advisory services on need basis.
- Attending contract review meetings with relevant departments and contracting parties on need basis)
POSITION: REGIONAL LEGAL COUNSEL (LITIGATION) REF: RLECL
- 6 Years’ experience in litigation and dispute management preferably in a telecommunications company.
- Good relationship with security agencies
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Meticulous and a though eye for details.
- Identifying and advising on potential risk issues, claims or liabilities that may result from non-compliance with relevant legislation
- Advising on pre-emptive steps to avoid claims or liabilities, including the determination of appropriate courses of action and advising user departments on how to prevent the occurrence of a default code
- Giving legal support to the recovery of interconnect debts.
- Accepting and perusing the different court processes in suits instituted against the company with a view to identifying any defense open to the company
- Preparing and forwarding letters of instruction to the external counsel
- Setting up meetings and general facilitating out of court settlement of suits instituted against the company where appropriate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume, possibly with a scanned passport photograph, within 14 days of this publication (22 May, 2019) to email@example.com using the reference as subject matter for the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.