AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP
GENERAL SERVICES AND PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK Avenue Joseph Anoma Telephone: (225) 2026 2102 01 B.P. 1387 ABIDJAN 01 COTE D’IVOIRE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF INDIVIDUAL CIVIL ENGINEERING OR ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES IN THE GENERAL SERVICES AND PROCUREMENT
DEPARTMENT OF THE AFDB (CHGS).
- The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: The Provision of Civil Engineering or Architectural Services in the General Services & Procurement Department of the Bank’s Headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- The services to be provided under the Assignment include:
- Plan the work, estimate the budget and efficiently organize office fit-out and construction projects in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Participate in the design and/or review of architectural drawings for various office renovations, construction and fit-out projects being run by the Bank.
- Manage the assigned projects on a day-to-day basis, including supervising and monitoring the work of any contractors and project consultants.
- Review of TORs and BoQ for construction works and consultancy services, and providing expert advice to CHGS project staff.
- Oversee/review of the project tenders, participate in the evaluation and selection of proposals and negotiating and awarding of contracts to successful bidders;
- Liaise with consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, and quantity surveyors involved in the projects;
- Participate and support in the day-to-day activities of the Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1), including travelling on missions outside the Bank’s Headquarters, mainly to the Bank’s Country Offices.
- Interested eligible individuals shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this assignment (level of education in general and related to the assignment, documentation, qualifications, reference to similar services, experience in comparable assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework for projects financed by the Bank Group, October 2015 Edition, available on the Bank Website at http://www.afdb.org Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The estimated duration of services is twelve months and the estimated starting date is 1st August 2019. There is a possibility of renewing the consultancy period after the initial six months.
Interested Individual Consultants may submit questions and requests for clarifications to: email@example.com
- All Expressions of interest must be received by electronic mail at the address below no later than Friday 5th July 2019 at 16:00 hrs Abidjan time and specifically mentioning: The provision of Civil or Architectural Services in the General Services & Procurement Department of the AfDB.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To qualify for this position, the candidate should:
- Have at least a Master’s degree in Civil/Building Engineering or Architecture or related fields with no more than seven years of relevant experience;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Building Engineering or Architecture or related fields and at most fourteen (14) years’ relevant experience;
- Be a national of a member country of the Bank;
- Have work experience or familiarity with modern project management practices, preferably in building construction and outfitting works.
- Be fluent in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
You are to submit the Expression of Interest via email, to the attention of the following: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com
- This expression of interest notice exclusively seeks to prepare a shortlist of a maximum of six (06) individual consultants to be consulted for proposals. The shortlist will be elaborated based on the following criteria: (i) general qualifications and suitability for the task (40%); (ii) language capacity (10%); (iii) years of experience in project management roles (20%); (iv) experience working in multilateral financial institutions (20%); and (v) knowledge of the region (10%).
- AfDB reserves the right to modify, amend or cancel this expression of interest notice at any time during this process.