Editor for A Leading National Newspaper
POSITION: NEWSPAPER EDITOR
Reporting: The Board of Directors
Direct Reports: Editorial Staffs
Compensation: Circa-N6 – 8 million, per annul.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Editor will have responsibilities for the content and all related activities to produce an acceptable national newspaper. Responsibility is to ensure there is an efficient process for news sourcing, vetting and accuracy. He must maintain and sustain integrity amongst the team members. There must be zero tolerance for unethical conducts and behaviours.
The major accountabilities include:
(1) Overall responsibility for the newspaper production and circulation
(2) Determine what content layout and place of any story especially front page.
(3) Employ innovative strategies to optimize routine news coverage globally
(4) Monitor and widen readership base
(5) Edit content to meet readers’ requirement at all times
(6) Prepare work schedules and deadlines for team members to ensure deadlines are met
(7) Implement strategies to facilitate wide coverage of all types of issues and news
(8) Provide training for reporters for them to identify news for existing readership and gain new readers
(9) Manage and edit daily news, special news stories and periodical items using video editing tools to facilitate video telecast
(10) Monitor all feeds from news bureaus and other agencies for editing and further publication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
If all these excite you, please send your application, supported by your curriculum vitae to us within the next 2 weeks (27 June, 2019),
EDTR@tbsafrica.com.ng or call wale: +234 705 593 6074.