Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Bursar that will soon be vacant in the FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OFFA, KWARA STATE.
The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He/She is the Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the Financial Affairs of the Polytechnic.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate for the position of Bursar should be resourceful and conversant with current Federal Government Financial Rules and Regulations. He or She should be honest, accountable, transparent and capable of providing sound leadership in financial management and administration with high sense of integrity.
- Candidate must hold a good honours degree / HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized Higher institution; with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience or Masters Degree with at least 15 years accounting experience preferably in a Polytechnic or a similar Institution. The applicant must not presently be below the rank of Polytechnic Chief Accountant. He should be a member of any of the recognized accounting bodies: ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any recognized equivalent.
- Candidate must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and packages.
- He or she must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at time of taking up the appointment.
- Evidence of Community Service is also mandatory.
- Any interested person who does not meet any of the above requirements need not apply.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT AND CONDITION OF SERVICE
The appointment is for a single non-renewable tenure of five (5) years.
Successful appointee will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of service for Bursars of Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria as approved from time to time by the Government.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are required to submit typewritten applications and Curriculum Vitae in 20 copies specifying the following:
- Name in full (Surname in Capital Letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address with Telephone Numbers) and e-mail address
- Marital Status
- of Children with ages
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership (including Grade) of Professional Bodies
- Community Service
- Previous Appointments/Promotions with salaries and dates
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and Addresses of three Referees
Candidates must have documentary evidence to back up any assertion where applicable.
Candidates are required to forward their applications and Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of their credentials including academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate/statutory age declaration, citizenship certificate e.t.c under Confidential Cover to:
THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OFFA
OFFA, KWARA STATE.
To reach him not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication, (17 December, 2019).
Applicants are advised to request their Referees to forward three (3) references on them under Confidential Cover to the Registrar.