CREATIVE ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary: The Northern Education Initiative Plus project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
Position Summary: The Junior Communications Manager will manage the public affairs and information operations of the Northern Education Initiative Plus in Bauchi, Sokoto and the head office in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision: This position is located in Abuja with frequent travel to Bauchi and Sokoto states.
The position holder reports to the Chief of Party.
POSITION: JUNIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER –NORTHERN EDUCATION INITIATIVE PLUS
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
- Supervises communications outreach activities for the dissemination of information on project activities
- Implements public relations programs to release positive publicity about the program through various media
- Responds to all press inquiries, in accordance with Creative’s corporate media policy
- Advises and counsels program on public relations techniques impacting program activities including potential problems and opportunities in the various communities served
- Promotes communication to the USAID Mission about the project for dissemination on Mission web pages or to other USAID Missions and to HQ for publication in quarterly newsletters and web
- Writes news releases, success stories, daily reports, weekly reports, quarterly reports, and other project documents
- Creates and implements outreach activities demonstrating USAID impact on social media
- The position holder is responsible for managing activities of the Communications Officer
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree (master’s degree preferred) in communications, English, journalism or related field
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in journalism, publishing, or related area.
- Ability to use standard computer and software applications: Advanced MS Word, Advanced Power Point, Advanced MS Publisher, intermediate Excel
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must have a great deal of initiative and integrity, an understanding and/or interest in the work of NEI Plus Project, and a balance of creative, technical, and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com on or before November 27 2019.
Only finalists will be contacted please. No phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.