A MARITIME COMPANY in Nigeria is recruiting for the position of a Marine Superintendent The individual will be responsible to the Regional Manager in controlling the day to day operations of the Offshore Support Vessels (OSV) managed by the respective business unit and Third Party’s Offshore Support Vessels (OSV).
POSITION: MARINE SUPERINTENDENT
- Monitor day to day ships operation for smooth activities at sea and port without delays and accident.
- Ensure certification of vessel are valid and to avoid failure due to non-compliance
- To ensure vessels are meeting reporting requirements and proper documentation as per ISM, ISPS, OSHAS 18000 & ISO 14001. These require constant monitoring of Drill, ACT and Safety Meeting reports.
- TO achieve client’s satisfaction with no delays.
- Provide ship with navigational data to prevent navigational hazard.
- Ensure all weekly, cumulative and annual corrections for navigational charts and publications are provided on board in timely manner.
- Ensure ISM, ISPS and ISO compliance’s, with properly organized audit plans and efficient preparation, to minimize NCN and OBS.
- Maintaining Safety Management System (SMS) updates with consistent improvement to produce quality, accurate, adequate and efficient procedures.
- Provide and develop constructive new ideas.
- Assist in the identification of safety risk assessment and environmental aspects/ impacts for vessel operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable, legal and other requirements by all vessels and raise corrective action where and when necessary.
- Briefing of Shipboard Senior Officers prior to joining vessels with regards to Safely Management Systems, company policies, vessel operations and specific charterers’ requirements.
- Maintain, control and monitor port and charterer requirements, in conjunction with the Technical superintendent and Incident investigator. If so appointed in the Incident Investigation Team.
- A member of the shore Emergency Response Team.
- Carry out the Internal Audits as per HSE plan and assigned by the HSQE Manager.
- To assist in the day to day management of the marine operations ensuring that organization obligations for availability of expertise, equipment and personnel are always met in order to maintain customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Work with Marine Standards to promote safe operations, quality assurance and security of the business;
- Maintain and carry out major and minor repairs on all vessels as required
- To carry out incident investigations, close out open cases, make proactive reports according to company’s incident and safety reporting system;
- Proactively support organization and its commitment to safety, ensuring that all operations are risk assessed, adequately resourced and all appropriate procedures as defined in OHMS (Occupational Health Management System), permits and licenses are in place.
- To assist the Manager when required, to maximize the operational efficiency and effectiveness of marine operations and marine equipment In compliance, with the organization operating manual, with emphasis on health & safety issue and lifesaving/firefighting equipment;
- Assist in the maintenance of the Quality and Safety Management System, and ensure that Captains carry out the necessary drills on board vessels, as well as ensuring that all procedures are correctly followed;
- To be responsible for ensuring a timely and complete crew change in collaboration with the HR Department;
- To manage the input of older, work time, and billing details in the tug job order management system;
- Build and nurture relationships with local customers to derive maximum value from the business relationship;
- To participate in the Duty Marine Officer on call routine
- To undertake other duties as required in line with home port requirements
- To undertake any duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management
- Minimum of Second-Class Certificate of Competency (Engineering).
- Quarter Master Certificate of Competency
- At least Eight (8) years’ of Sea going experience.
- At least Two (2) years’ experience as Chief Engineer on Oil Tankers.
- At least Three (5) years’ experience ashore involved in running and maintenance of Vessels.
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience of ISM, ISPS, SOLAS, Marine Operations, ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001.
- Good to have Certificate of Competency (Deck).
- Able Seaman (AB) or Efficient Deck Hand (EDH) Certificate of Competency
- Planning, thinking ahead and deadline driven
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Team work
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com
using the job position and the subject of the mail
not later than 15 November, 2019.